I am sorry for repeatedly asking this question but I would like some feed back from anyone who has used barcode splitter on paired end reads as the different alternatives I used do not give satisfactory results in terms of expected read alignments.
I have a set of Illumina Miseq reads with inhouse barcodes that I need to de maultiplex.
It is esstential to make sure that the read 1 and read 2 are split to the same group and in instances that this condition is not fulfilled, the reads to be discarded.
I tried to
1. Join read 1 and read 2 and then run barcode splitter, followed by FASTQ splitter
2. Use barcode splitter on read 1 and read 2 separately and use FASTQ joiner on the results to exclude instances where R1 and R2 are in
different reads followed
3. Use barcode splitter on R1 and R2 results and straightaway use Bowtie for illumina for mapping
The results I get in the three methods are not compatible with each other. I would like to know the best method from the experience of other users on what the best method using Barcode splitter on Illumina Paired end reads,
The Galaxy User list should be used for the discussion of
Galaxy analysis and other features on the public server
at usegalaxy.org. Please keep all replies on the list by
using "reply all" in your mail client. For discussion of
local Galaxy instances and the Galaxy source code, please
use the Galaxy Development list: